Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I'm so tired

After 4 days of intensive cookie making (mixing the doughs, chilling, packing, shaping, cutting, thawing, rolling in sugar, baking, cooling, packing, mixing colors in frosting, decorating, counting, packing again in pretty vessels...along with heating up food for Nochebuena, setting tables, cleaning my kitchen, washing lots of bakeware and gadgets, gift-shopping, gift-giving, AND sleeping 4 hours a day for 3 days in a row, I can finally say Christmas is officially over this year, and I am totally wiped out.

My whole body aches, lower back, upper back, neck, shoulders, FEET!!!!!!, eyes, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!!!

But I do confess, the joy I feel when someone really enjoys what I baked, is a wonderful feeling.


I realized today, after packing little Christmas paper plates with cookie samplers (more on that in the following posts), I missed my friends so very much. Especially when I was decorating Gingerbread men, just like I had done with my friends some years ago. That was so much fun...

Friends, I miss you all terribly... I hope you all had a lovely and happy Christmas.

I hope I can finally sleep in. Although....tomorrow I need to deliver those cookies, or they will get stale if I take too long.

No comments: