Friday, September 28, 2007

BROWNIES!!!!!!



Resulta que mi tía adoptiva tenía potluck en su oficina la semana pasada. Y pues ella no es de las que hacen pastelitos y cosas así. So, me ofrecí a hacerle unos brownies, y de paso aprovechaba para probar una receta nueva. No es mi creación, pero qué buenos salieron!

I chose this recipe because I was watching The Food Network's Barefoot Contessa. I love this lady's show because she is the kind of woman who really enjoys food and she's all about that. She is not too strict when it comes to chopping, or other cooking techniques. She just remains very true to food. On her show, she said when her boyfriend went to college, she sent him a box full of brownies. And that apparently, that was the "culinary equivalent of a low cut dress", since they've been married over 30 years or so. Thanks to Ina Garten for inspiring me to try out her recipe, which you can find here.
She used Ghirardelli Semi-sweet chocolate chips...which is what I used!! Y no tienen madre...

Les dejo las fotos, para que se les haga agua la boca, al igual que a mi, porque sólo me comí UNO!!!!!! sniff, sniff

Salen muchísimos! Según la receta salen 20 grandes...pero MUY grandes. Yo los corté en 30 pedazos, de buen tamaño, como en éstas fotos...




Amigas --you know who YOU are!--, dónde están para comernos la charola entera? Snif.

Side note: Creo que por fin me quedaron decentes las fotos! Sí, yo las tomé. Ahora que las veo posteadas....literally, my mouth is watering.

Oh, food, glorious food!

No comments: